Mechanical Vapour Recompression
If electricity is cheaper than steam generation, we recommend vapour recompression with electrical energy. During the mechanical vapour recompression, vapours are recompressed to a higher pressure. The compressor operates like a heat pump. Here steam is only used for starting up the unit. Depending on application (elevation of boiling point, heat transfer) power fans or turbo blowers (one, two or three in series) are employed as heat pump. Ingenious know-how allows GIG Karasek to offer MVR technology as one of the only bidders in Europe in this field.
On demand we offer an innovative rent purchase option to support your accounting policy.
Compelling arguments for the mechanical vapour recompression (MVR):
- Low specific energy demand
- Gentle evaporation by smaller temperature differences
- Less residence time of the products, because of the single effect
- High system availability due to the simplicity of the process
- Excellent part load behaviour
- Less specific operating costs